Buying A Home In Spring. Are you looking for the perfect time to take the plunge and buy a home? Springtime might just be the season for you! Spring is an ideal time to buy a house for many reasons. Here are just a few of them:
Reasons to Buy a Home in Spring
- You will be able to take advantage of weather conditions that are much warmer and more comfortable. While the weather can be unpredictable, the warmer temperatures of spring make outdoor furnishings shopping and home maintenance much more enjoyable. If you plan to paint the house or landscape the yard, you’ll definitely appreciate the warmer weather.
- The inventory of available homes is much bigger during this specific time of year. With the arrival of spring, you’ll find a larger selection of properties on the real estate market as new sellers begin to list their homes. This means there’s a better chance of finding the home of your dreams at a great price.
- The overall amount of competition has increased. As the inventory of homes on the market grows, so does the competition for them. This can lead to bidding wars that could reward those who take the plunge and purchase early in the season.
- During this time of year, home prices are generally reduced. Because more homes become available in the spring, some sellers may become more desperate to move their properties and offer more attractive prices and incentives.
- Taxes will typically be lower. Taxes from home purchases usually become due one to two months after closing – meaning you could be responsible for taxes from two tax years if you purchase a home near the end of the year. Purchasing a home in the spring, even late spring, means that you’ll only have to pay taxes on the current year.
- The closing process lasts longer. The average closing process for a home purchase typically takes three to four months to complete. Purchasing a home in the spring allows you more time to get everything together while still managing to close on a house in the same year.
- Visibility is increased. Depending on where you live, there may be more opportunities for property visibility in the spring. Trees and flowers may be in bloom and the bright vivid colors can often make the property look more inviting. Plus, during the spring, open houses may take advantage of all the seasons have to offer by actually featuring outdoor activities on the lawn.
How to Buy a Home Right After Graduating College
Buying A Home In Spring. Buying a home should never be a decision done lightly, however, the spring may just be the right time to jump in. Just make sure you do your research and understand the local market before making any long-term commitments.